How To Change your Homepage
When you are viewing a page and you want it as your permanent homepage follow these instructions:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Choose Tools from the menu. Then choose internet options.
- Click on the button use current.
- Then press apply and then ok.
Internet Explorer 10
Set up a home page so every time you open Internet Explorer you go straight to the site you use most.
To change your home page
- Make sure you’ve closed all open tabs, then open Internet Explorer for the desktop.
- Tap or click Tools, and then tap or click Internet options.
- Under the General tab, enter the web address of your new home page, and then tap or click Apply.
You’ll need to restart both Internet Explorer and Internet Explorer for the desktop to see your new home page. You can change your home page at any time, or set up multiple home pages that will open in separate tabs. Source: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-au/internet-explorer/change-home-page#ie=ie-10
How to create a link on the desktop to a webpage
Instead of opening Internet Explorer, going to your favorites, and then clicking on the page you want..you can just have a shortcut to the page on your desktop.
- Go to your favorites list in internet explorer.
- Choose which page you want. Don’t click on it just select it. (make it blue)
- Then click your right button on your mouse. (right click)
- A menu will appear and then choose create a shortcut. This will put it on your desktop.
Change the text size you are viewing in Internet Explorer
When viewing web pages in your browser the text size may not be suitable for you. This is easily changed.
- Select View on the menu bar found at the top of the browser. From the drop-down menu select Text Size and another menu opens.
- This menu has five options: largest, larger, medium, smaller and smallest. One of them is identified as the current option.
- Select a size that moves the text size in the direction you desire and all body text on the current web page is accordingly adjusted.
Another way is to hold the Alt key and scroll in and out with you mouse scroller.
Save a webpage you are viewing to your favorites list
- Go to the menu at the top of Internet Explorer. Choose Favorites.
- Then choose Add to favorites. That’s it.
Internet Explorer 10
Add sites to favorites
If you’re on a site that you want to make a favorite, swipe down or right-click to bring up the Address bar, tap or click the Pin site button, and then tap or click Add to favorites. You can save a favorite more quickly by pressing Ctrl+D.
To add favorites in Internet Explorer for the desktop, tap or click the Favorites button, and then tap or click Add to favorites.
View your favorites
In Internet Explorer, swipe down to bring up the Address bar, and then tap or click the Search box. You’ll see your pinned, frequent, and favorite sites above the Address bar. View favorites in Internet Explorer for the desktop by tapping or clicking the Favorites button.
While viewing an Internet web page with your Internet Explorer browser press Alt and D together, and the link for the page is added to your favorites list.
If you get a message that says ‘Are you sure you want to remove folder xxxx’, it means your favorites window is active.
Click anywhere on the web page itself and try again. The web page link is stored even if your favorites list is not displayed.
To display your favorites, click the ‘Favorites’ button on the standard toolbar and then on the left side of your browser.