Learning how to upload a video to Youtube is like learning how to drive a car. Youtube will be part of your life sooner or later. Uploading your home movies, tutorials, and how to videos have become a popular pastime for most computer users. It has turned out to be a great way to advertise your business, website, or even yourself.
Youtube is a serious business, as people have been noticed with just simple home videos uploaded, and have become extremely famous. For example Justin Bieber. Maybe you do not want to become famous but just want to share funny movie clips or home video with friends and family. Youtube is useful for anything. The great thing about it is that your video will be hosted for free. All you have to do is upload a video to Youtube and you can share it with anyone you like.
You can make the movie that you upload public or private, therefore controlling who watches your video. Obviously if you want to advertise something you would make your Youtube video public so as many people can view it as possible. For example you might want to add a Youtube video to your ebay listing. This increases your sale price as people can see what they are buying. But first you have to upload a video to Youtube.
Why Should You Upload a Video to Youtube?
- You should upload a video to advertise a business.
- To create your own brand like Fred.
- To become famous like Justin Bieber.
- You should upload a video to get traffic to a website. Here’s how to use Youtube video to get traffic to your website.
- To share video clips and movies with family and friends.
- To present yourself as a movie maker, actor, or actress.
- To make money through Youtube’s revenue sharing program. I make over $300 a month from YouTube.
I could tell you 100 reasons why you should upload a video to YouTube. See more Youtube Video Tips.
How can I make a video to upload to Youtube?
Firstly if you have a video camera or even a digital camera you can take video footage with that. It is easily transferred to the computer where you can edit it or upload it straight away to Youtube.
How to upload a video to Youtube from your computer
1. Go to the Youtube video website and signup to be a member
2. Once you are signed in go to the main Youtube homepage and there will be a link that says upload. Click on it. See the screen shot below. Please note that Youtube changes are website layout often, but you just need to look for an upload link or button.
3. Press Upload video button to upload a video to Youtube from your computer.
4. Now you can browse your computer for your video, select it. once you have chosen the video that you want to upload Youtube it will automatically start uploading.
5. Press on the link that says “video information and privacy settings“.
6. Now you have to fill in some details about your video, such as title, description, and tags. This is all about describing your video and telling Youtube what it is about.
7. When the video has finished uploading the sharing options will show up and be filled in for you. This will mean that you will see the Youtube URL of your new video you uploaded to Youtube. Click on the new video URL link and go to the new video. There will also be embed code to allow you to embed Youtube video HTML into a website.
When you upload a video to Youtube, what format should I use?
You can record a Youtube video or movie on your digital video camera, ordinary digital camera, or even your mobile phone. Most of these devices record a movie in mpg video which is accepted by Youtube. You can also upload videos in .Mp4, .WMV, .AVI, and .MOV. Of course there are many other formats that you can upload a video to Youtube in. Youtube actually converts your video to the appropriate format for you.
Watch this video on how to upload a video to the Youtube video website
Notes related to uploading a Youtube video:
- I usually edit my video’s with Windows movie maker, which comes with Windows XP and Windows Vista. Therefore I save my movie file as .WMV and upload them in that format.
- If you don’t think that your video file format will be recognized by Youtube, you can use a free video converter to change it to one of the accepted formats.
Ordinary people have chosen to upload a video to Youtube and have become a famous by one means or another.