The moment you post your video on to the YouTube, you begin thinking about how to get your video found on YouTube in the easiest possible way. Surely your friends will watch your videos, but in order to get your videos ranked high you will have to put a little more effort. You will have to compass others and you also need to create your subscription basis in order to receive feedback, ratings, comments and views.
Tips on how to get your video found on YouTube?
- Make a decent video to post on Youtube! By a decent video I mean it doesn’t have to be totally professional, but it does have to have good content. Give the viewer some information or make them laugh, if that’s what the video was intended for. Do not post worthless pieces of junk on Youtube because there is always a better video to watch. People will even watch if your voice is out of sync with your mouth talking, as long as it is great information.
- Send the link to your video to all your friends and family and ask them to pass it on…Ask them to subscribe and comment on your videos. This will look like you are popular and not a total newbie.
- Always ask for the ratings, views and comments for your videos when you post them. You can do this by editing your video with Windows Movie Maker and adding titles and credits that tell people to do this. If you have seen any of my videos, they all have a message at the end saying “if you liked this video, please rate, comment and subscribe!”
- Name your video with the correct title! This one is easy but people do not do it…For example a restaurant named Bla Bla Falls has great coffee making videos but named the whole series Bla Bla Falls restaurant episode 13, 14 15, and so on.. Now I was lucky to find these video’s by accident. When I watched them I thought they were great. They should have been named what the actual video’s were about…For example, “What speed should you pour a Flat White to make the perfect coffee?”, “How to froth milk for a cappuccino?”, and maybe, “How to make a latte with a heart on top?”. It’s not rocket science, but how many people are searching for bla bla falls and how many are searching for cappuccino and flat white?
- Send your video to other Youtube’s as a video response. Find a really popular video that relates to your video content and instead of commenting, leave a video response. People watching the first video often check out the video responses also. Do this over and over and your video will be everywhere.
- Post your video url on Facebook! Facebook is a huge place and if you have friends then you should utilize them. For example you post your videos url to your profile, then your friend comments on it…Well that video will now show up on his profile also because he made a comment. So all his friends will see it now. What if two friends commented on it?
- Do some SEO (search engine optimization) of your own for you video! Why wait for YouTube to promote your video. Once posted you can social bookmark your video at Digg, Stumbleupon, Delicious, twitter, and more. You can also go to www.pingler.com and ping your newly posted video. A little bit of Youtube SEO goes a long way to take your video to the top of the Youtube search results.
How to get your video featured on Youtube?
If you have done all the things I have listed above, you will be on your way to being a featured video on the front page of Youtube. What you need is for Youtube to see that your video is popular and that it is attracting comments and ratings. Once your video is featured you will see the video views count increase fast. Please do not forget to make an interesting video so all these people viewing your videos will then subscribe.