If you are looking for a YouTube URL you either need to embed a video into a website or copy the link to paste it somewhere else. The you Tube URL moves around a lot and unfortunately the YouTube website changes often, and this article is partly out of date. Here is the new version: Find a URL of a Youtube Video
The URL (uniform resource locater) means the address to something on the internet. It could be a webpage, file, or a picture. In the case of Youtube, it is the address of where a particular video is located on the Youtube website.
Why do you need to know the URL of a Youtube video?
A year or two ago, no-one cared what the URL of a Youtube video was. However now everyone wants to know. This is because everyone is downloading Youtube video’s off the internet and for this we need the Url of the Youtube video. Another important reason why we need the URL of a Youtube video is to share it with others. Maybe you want to send a link to it in an email.
How to find the Youtube URL?
- Simply go to the Youtube Website at http://www.youtube.com
- Search for a video that you want to get the URL for.
- See the screen shot below. There are two places to see the URL of a Youtube video. (Please note there is only one place to get the Youtube URL now).
- One way to get the Youtube URL is in the top address bar on your browser and the other is next to the Youtube video itself.
How to copy a Youtube URL?
- Select the URL by making it blue.
- Then right click your mouse on the blue part.
- A menu will appear. Choose copy.
Now you can paste the Youtube URL into an e-mail, into a word document, or into certain plug-ins for WordPress websites.
See more Youtube Tips
Notes on finding the Youtube URL:
- It is no longer possible to copy the Youtube URL from the beside the YouTube video
The url of the Youtube video is now located under the video on Youtube.