Learning how to change your YouTube profile picture can be a matter of life and death! The year was 1995, your fluffy hair had all the boys coming to the yard and you just scored 2 tickets to Ace of Base. Luckily for you, your best friend brought a disposable camera and that crazy night is preserved on film for the rest of your life. Now fast-forward 15 years, you have two kids and they think Ace of Base is a guitar playing game for the Playstation. They also just viewed your YouTube profile page and are less embarrassed that you uploaded a video of their first bath than they are of the picture from the concert that you placed as your avatar. It is now a good time to change your YouTube profile picture.
I would say stick to your guns but if you want to change your Youtube profile picture it’s pretty easy to do. Luckily, our YouTube pictures aren’t permanent like the Ace of Base tattoo you also decided to get that night. While your changing your profile picture you might also want to customize your Youtube channel by adding a Youtube channel background.
How to change your YouTube profile picture?
1. First login to your Youtube account.
2. Then click on the drop down arrow next to your username.As you can see my username is Computerbasics.
3. From there choose account. Your Youtube account settings will open.
4. Choose Profile Setup. See the screen shot below.
Now you’ll see the easy option to browse for a new profile picture. All you have to do is press on the change picture button. Your kids will be very happy when you finally change your YouTube profile picture.
After that you will see this box below. Make sure you pick a picture that won’t embarrass your kids! (Ha Ha)
Also, don’t worry because your kids won’t look so cool down the line when Dr. Dre and Rihanna aren’t hip anymore. (Who?)
Notes about how to change your Youtube profile picture:
- Your Youtube profile picture should reflect the nature of your videos. If you upload a video to Youtube about a dog then you should make your profile picture of a dog to let people know what they are going to see.
- See more Youtube Video Tips.
Why don’t you share a story about why you had to change your YouTube profile picture to save you from embarrassment…