Revive Old Posts WordPress plugin, formally known as Tweet Old Posts, is an awesome addition to your Social Media campaign for a website. This WordPress plugin will Tweet or post on Facebook for you at regular intervals, without you having to actually do anything.
Setting up Revive Old Posts Plugin is easy enough for Twitter posting, but when it comes to authorizing the Facebook App, it gets a little bit difficult.
How To Authorize Revive Old Posts Plugin Facebook App
1. Sign into your Facebook account.
3. Press on Add a New App in the top right corner. See the screenshot below.
4. You now need to choose what type of app you want to create. Choose website. (WWW)
5. On the next page press on Skip and Create App ID in the top right corner as shown below.
6. Add in a display name, and a namespace but make sure the namesapace is 7 or more characters.
7. Press on Create App Id. See the screen shot below.
8. Your App is now created so now you can copy the two important numbers and paste them into your Revive Old Posts plugin. See below on where to paste these details as there are also some more settings to change first.
9. Press on Settings in the left menu.
10. You will need to fill in App domains which is the URL used by the App. The URL I used was http://tips4pc.com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=TweetOldPost so if you’re using WordPress then simply change the website domain to yours. http://yourdomain.com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=TweetOldPost
11. Then also press on Add Platform below, choose website, then add the same URL in the site URL section.
12. Press on save changes.
Paste Facebook App ID Code And Authorize
1. Now to make sure this all works, go to your website and visit the Revive Old Posts settings page. Just press on plugins and look for the app in the list.
2. Go to the accounts tab, then press authorize next to Facebook.
3. Now you will see the Facebook App ID and the Facebook App Secret section popup. You need to paste the App numbers you just created on Facebook in there and then press authorize.
Authorize Revive Old Posts Facebook App Notes:
- This will not work if you didn’t add the SITE URL AND DOMAIN URL into the settings.
- This will only work if you copy the exact Facebook App numbers you created for that exact App into your Revive Old Posts plugin on your website.
- Setting up Twitter in this plugin is so easy no instructions are needed.
- To test if your settings have worked simply press the See Sample Post in your plugin to see how the actual posts turn out.
- If there is a whole heap of mumbo jumbo then try disabling the Google analytics tracking.