How to select text with a similar style?
- Select the text by making it blue.
- Now right click on the blue selected area and a menu will appear.
- Choose Styles, then choose Select text with Similar Formatting.
- See screenshot below
Why would you want to select text with a similar style?
One of the greatest ways to use this feature is to make a list of all the headings in a document, therefore instantly creating a contents list.
- Select a heading in your document
- Right click on it and choose Styles
- Then choose Select text with Similar Formatting.
- When all your headings throughout the document have been selected, right click on one of the selections again to see another menu.
- Select copy from the menu.
- Now you can paste a list of your headings to make a contents page.
See below in the screenshot. This is what my list looked like after I had pasted it to a new document. All the headings and titles with similar formatting styles are pasted here. It even took the style with it. To change the style formatting of your list, simple select all and make the changes.
You can also select all the text that has similar formatting so you can change the font and heading style of all occurrences throughout the document. This is a great feature. Imagine how long it would take to change your heading styles if you had to do it manually, one by one.
Notes on Selecting all text with a similar format style in word 2007 document
- You can also link to headings and titles throughout your document
- You might also want to know How to make headings and titles in a word 2007 document?