Have you ever been sent a word document that contained a picture, logo, or clip art that you needed to save to your computer? It might be a picture that you want to use on another document or you might want to save the picture so you can send it through email. People find this puzzling because you cannot just simply save the picture as it is really imbedded into the document itself. Of course there is always a way around this…
Below is an example of a word document that has a logo in it that I might want to save.
How to save a picture, logo, or clipart from a word document to your computer:
The usual way to save a picture is to right click on it and choose save or save picture as…However as you can see in the screenshot below, there is no option to do this. Therefore we are going to copy the picture and paste it into another program. In this tutorial we will paste this logo in mspaint which is a free program that all Windows users have.
- Open your word document. This applies to Word 97-2003 and word 2007.
- Left click on the logo or picture in the word document. This will put resizing dots around the picture to show you have selected it.
- Then right click your mouse on the selected picture.
- A menu will appear. Choose copy from the menu.
- Now open Paint. See below for instructions.
- Choose Edit from the top menu in Paint.
- In that menu choose paste.
- The picture, logo, or clipart you have copied from the word document will now be in the Paint program.
- Go to the File menu at the top.
- Choose save as… Choose a name for the picture and where you want to save the file. You can also choose to save as a .jpg .png .gif or more…
How to open Paint?
- Press the Win Key and the letter R to open the run box.
- Type in mspaint and then press ok.
- Go to the start menu.
- Choose All programs.
- Choose Accessories.
- Choose Paint.
Notes on How to save a picture, logo, or clip art from a word document?
- You can save any picture, logo, or clipart from a word document.
- You can also add a clipart from the word collections and then save it where you want it on your computer.