In Microsoft word 2007 the developers tab contains an entire lot of features to use, however it is not enabled to show by default. Therefore the developers tab will not show until you change the Word options. Some of the features the de3velopers tab reveals are advanced controls and hidden elements to your document that not too many users are familiar with. See what the developers tab looks like in the screenshot below. If you have not enabled it to be shown you will not see it.
What features are on the developers tab?
The developers tab in Microsoft word reveals settings that allow you do use code, advanced controls, xml, protect your document, and see what template the document is based on. If you wanted to protect your document you would need to register your credentials with Microsoft. Then when you create a restricted document the user will need permission to open it.
Also if you wanted to see what template your word document is based on or change the template, simple go to the developers tab and press on Document template as shown above. See the next screenshot below that shows what template I am using.
How do you enable or show the developers tab?
It is very easy to enable or disable the developers tab in Microsoft word.
- Go to the Office symbol at the top left corner.
- Click on it to see the menu shown below.
- Go to the bottom and click on the button that says Word Options.
- The Word options dialog box will appear. Make sure that the popular section is highlighted. See screenshot below.
- To enable the developers tab to be shown simply tick the box next to Show Developer tab in the Ribbon.
- Press ok. Now the developers tab will be showing and you can now use the extra features included in it.
Notes on showing the developer tab in word 2007:
- You might also have a reason to hide the developers tab to hide the advanced settings that you might not need.
- You can enable the developer tab for PowerPoint in the same way.