What is an Anchor text link?
When writing a word document and attempting to insert a hyperlink, it always looks better if you use anchor text instead of a messy URL. For example instead of putting just http://www.wordpresswebsitehost.com you can put something like this WordPress Website Host. Obviously it looks more professional using anchor text for a website URL. Anchor text will let the potential clicker know what kind of information will be on the resulting web page. Another example is http://www.tips4pc.com or Free Computer Help. They both link to the same place but clearly, one link is definitely more appealing.
How to insert a hyperlink in a Word document using anchor text?
1. Select the text that you want to make the anchor text by making it blue.
2. Right click on the blue selection and a menu will appear.
3. Choose hyperlink from the menu.
4. Your text you selected will automatically be inserted into the Text to display section at the top.
5. Under the link to heading on the left, make sure Existing File or Webpage is selected.
6. Fill in the Address with the URL of the website you want to link to.
7. Then press ok.