What do you need to embed a video into word 2007 to convert to PDF?
This is an expensive process because you will need Microsoft Word 2007 and a professional version of Adobe PDF creator. You can get Word Documents converted for free on the internet but the standards are poor. It would not include html links or embedded video. You also need a video to embed into the word 2007 document to export to PDF. If you are in business and you plan to use these programs then they are well worth the money.
How to embed a video from your computer into a word document
How to embed a video into a Word 2007 document? In Word 2007, if you go to embed a video into a document this message will appear below. So therefore you must save the document before proceeding.
- Open Word 2007 document that you want to insert the video into.
- Go to the Insert tab.
- On the far right, click on Embed Video.
- Now it will prompt you to save the document as in the screenshot above.
Please Note: If you cannot see the Embed video icon and you have a full version of Acrobat reader then see How to enable the embed video icon.
- After pressing on the Embed Video button the insert video window will appear. Screen shot below.
- Press on browse to find a video on your computer to embed.
- You can also slide the button along to choose a frame to set as the image for your video.
- To resize your video put a tick in the box and the options will be enabled to be changed.
- Press OK when your are done.
- That’s it. Your video will look like a black box on your page.
Where do I get video to put into a word document
If you have a video on your computer then you can use this. However if you do not have a video on your computer you can download something from Youtube. See Download and convert Youtube videos to your computer to save. Obviously you can also use your video camera to record any video footage and download that to your computer to use also.
How to convert the word document to PDF file format?
If you have both Microsoft word 2007 and Acrobat reader professional installed they will automatically integrate.
- Go to this symbol in the top left corner.
- The menu above will appear. Choose Save As.
- Then choose Adobe PDF.
What size will the PDF file be after adding video to it?
Obviously the PDF file will be a lot bigger if you add a video to it. For a quick example, I had a 4mb PDF E-book and added one small, under 10 minute video to it. The Pdf file ended up being 21.3MB. That’s only adding one video. Of course there is a time and place to add video to a pdf file. If you want to email a video it would be better if it was not package into a PDF, but standalone, and compressed to a smaller video format.
To see the size of your PDF file simply go to the folder where it is stored and put your mouse over it. The details will appear in a box.
Watch this Youtube video to see how I embedded my video into a word document and then a PDF file.
Notes on adding video to a word document to convert to a PDF:
- The video will not usually work until you convert the document to PDF format.
- Just remember that adding a video to a PDF can make the file size considerably larger.