If you are a frequent Internet Explorer user and want get to your favorites it is handy to make it easy to access them by following the steps below. Favorites are important because you are not able to remember so many favorite and regularly used websites. I have about 3,000 websites on my favorites list and would struggle to even remember 20. This is why this is an important but simple feature of Windows 7. By adding the favorites to the Start Menu you get an easy and faster access to the website or internet address you wish to open. With the help of following steps you can easily add a submenu in the Start menu which provides link access to all your favorites.
How to add Internet Explorer favorites to the Start Menu
1. First, Right-click on a hollow area of the Windows 7 taskbar and then select “Properties”
2. The “Taskbar and Start Menu Properties” dialog box will appear with multiple tabs. From there select the “Start Menu” button.
3. After this select the “Customize” option.
4. After choosing the customize option a dialog box naming “Customize Start Menu” will appear and check on “Favorites menu” option.
5. Select “OK” in order to close the dialog box and that’s it! You have your favorites in the start menu.
Who doesn’t want to get an easier to access to their favorites? Just follow these simple steps and you will be able to add your favorites to the start menu for an easier and fast access. It doesn’t mean you are lazy, it just means another way to save time. More time for the fun things.
Now you do not have to waste time opening Internet Explorer and then going to a website you want to see. You can just go to the start menu and choose a website from the favorites list and it will open straight away!
Back to Windows Seven Tips Main menu