The Quick Launch Toolbar in Windows XP is considered to be one of the handiest features included. It enables you to click on your favorite links anytime, even when you have other applications open. You do not need to get to the desktop to open another program. Maybe you have a show desktop icon in your taskbar?
Here is a picture of the quick launch toolbar in Windows XP. In Windows Vista the Quick launch toolbar is the same but just has different colors.
Here’s how to enable your Quick Launch Toolbar
- Right click on Start at the bottom left and choose Properties
- Choose the Taskbar tab
- Tick Show Quick Launch
- Go down to your taskbar and right click on it
- Choose Toolbar, then select Quick Launch
- The Quick launch toolbar will appear in the taskbar.
Most of your icons from the desktop will appear there too. To remove un-wanted icons simply right click on them and choose delete from the menu.
To add an icon from your desktop or start menu, simply drag it onto the Quick launch toolbar.
- You can also choose to lock the taskbar will limit the length of your Quick Launch toolbar. Give it a try.
- It is also handy to put a shortcut to your absolute favourite webpage in the Quick launch toolbar. You need to make a shortcut on the desktop and then drag it to the Quick launch. Here’s how to create a shortcut to a webpage on your desktop.