Here is a little trick to customize your system properties box and make it your own. This is what mine looks like at the moment.
If you press on the Support Information button this is what comes up.
And here are some simple instructions on how to do this:
- Open notepad.
- Copy this information into it:
Model=Don’t know, Don’t care
Line2=Go to her website
Line4=The best computer information on the net.
Line5=How easy is it to customise your systems properties box
- Now after all those = signs you can write whatever you like. For example you can put the correct model and manufacturer of your computer.
- Then save it as oeminfo.ini You have to write the file name in yourself.
- I usually save it to the desktop so I can find it and edit it more.
- Now all you have to do is copy and paste that file into your system32 folder which is located in C:WINDOWSsystem32
- Now open your Systems Properties box and it will be change.
To add a picture
If you want to put your own picture into the system properties box this is what to do:
- Create or edit a picture and resize it to 180 (wide) pixels and 120 (high)
- It is a good idea to have a similar background as the properties box sometimes Windows chooses one for you. On one of my photos it put a black background and I could not see my picture.
- Save your file as oemlogo.bmp and save it in the System32 folder.
This is a picture I quickly resized, added text, and saved as oemlogo.bmp