Did you know you can create your own keyboard shortcuts to open up your favorite programs, webpage’s, and folders.. It is really easy. You can make a shortcut from any icon on your desktop. Here’s how.
- Choose an icon on the desktop to create a shortcut to. (How do I create a desktop shortcut?)
- Then right click on it to bring up a menu
- Choose Properties.
- Look for the shortcut key box.
- Now type a letter in there and the rest will be filled in for you. Then choose apply and ok.
- See in the screenshot below. If I press Ctrl + Alt + A this program will start.
- Do not use the same shortcut key for two programs as the computer will get confused and will probably jam up.
- You cannot use certain keys in your shortcuts, like the Shift, Tab, Esc, and Windows key.