When buying or selling a secondhand laptop or desktop computer it is very important that this registration information is changed. You don’t want your copy of windows registered to someone else. Everyone should check who the registered owner of Windows XP is on their computer.
Change the registered owner details of Windows XP
- Go to the Start Menu and choose Run from the menu
- Type regedit in the box and press OK
- Press on the + sign next to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
- Scroll down to find SOFTWARE Press on the + sign
- Scroll down to find Microsoft Press on the + sign
- Scroll down to find Windows NT Press on the + sign
- Click on Current Version and make it blue
- In the right side you will see details
- Double click on Registered Owner or Organization. Change the details.
- Exit Registry and Reboot computer.
See more ways to delete the Previous owner registration or watch the video below.