When I first started using computers I used to hate it when a program would startup when you were busy doing something else. This does not bother me anymore as I am in control of the scheduled tasks for Windows. You can organize your anti virus and ad ware checker to run at a scheduled time.
Here’s how to change settings in your Windows Scheduled Tasks.
- Go to the start menu at the bottom left of your desktop.
- Choose Control Panel from the menu.
- Double click on the icon that says Scheduled Tasks. The window below will appear.
- You can see the programs I have already scheduled in the list.
- Double click on Add Scheduled Tasks to set a time for a program to start.
- Browse for the program
- Highlight it blue and press next.
- Now you can set a time or frequency for the program to run.
- Scheduled tasks is especially handy to stipulate when your anti virus is going to run a full scan. If you leave your computer on all the time, you can schedule it for the middle of the night.
- You can also use Scheduled tasks to start a download program at night. This way it will not take up bandwidth speed when you are using it. Just make sure it is set to download your files automatically when the program starts.