We all know that when removing a program from your computer, you have to do it the right way. Throwing a shortcut into the recycle bin will not remove the program at all. This is generally what new computer users do to remove a software program from their computer.
Remove a program in Windows Vista
- Go to the start menu and choose the control panel
- Double Click on Programs and Features
- From the list, choose the program that you want to remove
- Then press the uninstall button
- You will be asked to confirm your choice
When removing a program from Windows XP you need to go to the control panel and choose Add or Remove programs instead of the Programs and Features listed above for Windows Vista.
Another way to Remove a program in Windows Vista
You can also use a free program to uninstall programs called revouninstaller which actually removes software completely as the Windows option often leaves odd files behind. There is a free version that works just fine and is still better than the Windows option.