Windows Vista Tips
To log on to your system automatically, bypassing the login screen, do the following:
- Click on the Start Button
- Type netplwiz in the search box and then hit Enter (this loads the Advanced User Accounts control panel)
- In the Users tab, uncheck the box next to Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer.
- Click on the Apply button at the bottom of the User Accounts window
- When the Automatically Log On dialog box appears, enter your password in the two fields where it’s asked and then click OK
- Click OK on the User Accounts window to complete the process
After that, when your computer system starts up, Windows Vista will log on automatically.