The Windows Vista gadget sidebar is so much fun. I personally love these helpful little widgets that are now incorporated into Windows.
If it is not on your desktop already, here’s how to enable it.
- Got to the start menu at the bottom left corner and choose control panel
- Then double click on the Windows Sidebar Properties icon.
- The box below will appear.
- Tick the box Start Sidebar when Windows starts
- Then tick the box Sidebar is always on top of other windows
- Press Apply and then OK.. It should immediately appear on the desktop.
Once the sidebar is enabled you can right click on it and choose properties and the above box will appear.
How to download or install more gadgets
When you have the Sidebar installed on your desktop there is a plus sign at the top. Double click on this to open the window pictured below. You can click on any of the gadgets here to install them to your desktop. If you want to download more click on get more gadgets online.