If you don’t want certain programs or applications to run automatically on startup, there’s an easy way to disable them. You simply use the command msconfig to get to the system configuration box to change settings.
- Click Start
- Type msconfig in the search box
- Click Continue in the User Account Control (annoying thing)
- Click on the Startup Tab
- Uncheck any boxes in the “Startup Items” that you wish to disable or click the Disable All button (not recommended)
- Click OK
If you need to re-enable any of the programs, go to msconfig again and go through the same process and check the boxes of programs you wish to run automatically on startup.
- The first thing I did was stop that annoying Welcome screen from coming up when you start your computer…
- As before, go to msconfig by typing it in the run window. The system configuration comes up. Uncheck Welcome Center.