A nice feature in Windows Vista is that you can change your cd auto play settings in detail. For example, you can set a program or action to be performed with almost every type of media. So when you insert an audio cd it will automatically begin playing using the program you chose in the settings. Or you might want Windows Media player to automatically rip music form your cd.
This feature existed in Windows XP, however not in this much detail. There is even an auto play setting for DVD blue ray disc.
To change your cd auto play settings in Windows Vista
- Open the Control panel by going to the start menu.
- Double click on the Default programs icon.
- Now choose the third setting down. Change Auto play settings.
- Now you can choose what action to perform with what program.
- Press on the drop down menu to make your choice.
Some examples of cd auto play settings in Widows Vista
- Insert a Music CD – Windows Media starts ripping your music
- Insert a Blank CD – Open a write to CD dialog
- Insert a DVD movie – Auto play it with Windows Media Player
- Insert a picture CD – Auto play in Windows Media Centre
For example if you want Windows media player to play a dvd movie automatically when you insert it then you would make this choice under the dvd movie section. You can also choose any other program that is available to play dvd’s like Nero or classic media player.