Many people use Microsoft Windows Live Messenger to communicate with their friends, family and business contacts. It is a free chat program that has basically been around for years and in this tutorial I am going to show you how to change your display name. This might be necessary if you would like to put a message or even a website address next to your name. It is also good if you do not want people to see your real name. Either way, changing your display name is very easy to do.
How to change your display name in Windows Live Messenger?
1. Open Windows Live Messenger and sign in.
2. At the top where your name appears, press on the small drop down arrow.
3. A menu will appear. See the screen shot below.
4. Choose Change display name from the menu.
5. The options dialog box will appear.
6. In the Personal section as shown below, you can edit your display name.
7. Just click on the text in there, making it blue, then start typing your new display name.
Notes : Below where you can edit your display name there is a space for a message. This can be a motto you have or anything you like.