Have you ever wanted to save a video because it had great sound effects or music in it. And what a waste of space it is because you really only wanted the audio part of the video and not the entire movie. Well now it is so easy to separate the audio from the video by extracting the audio only from a video clip. In other words you can Convert AVI, MPEG, MPG, DAT, FLV, WMV/ASF, MOV, MP4, 3GP to aac, ac3, amr_nb, amr_wb, mmf, mp2, mp3, mpc, ogg, wav, wma audio formats. And when you go and play the file you will only hear the audio and not see the video.
There are a huge amount of free software available to extract audio files from a video, however I choose to use SUPER as it extracts audio from almost any video format to save as aac, ac3, amr_nb, amr_wb, mmf, mp2, mp3, mpc, ogg, wav, wma audio formats.
Roughly translated, this means that when you have extracted your audio from your video you can play it on your computer, on your ipod, mobile phone, itunes, iphone, Mp3 player, and more..
Why would you want to extract audio from a video?
- To create a cool and customized ring tone for your mobile phone.
- Extract audio from a music video clip to replay on a simple Mp3 player.
- To give yourself subliminal messages to learn something thoroughly.
How to extract audio from a video using the Free program SUPER:
- Download SUPER Simplified Universal Player Encoder & Renderer. Download link
- Open the program
- Open my computer and browse for the file or video you want to convert or extract audio from.
- Select the file and drag it to drop in the box under the heading Drop a valid multimedia file here.
- You can also right click to bring up the main menu and choose Add Multimedia file to browse through your computer.
- Now move to the top of the program and press the drop down arrow next to the first box that says Select the Output container.
- A huge menu will drop down. Choose what format you want to convert your video file to. I usually choose mp3 as it is compatible with most players and devices.
- Now by choosing audio only option there will be no video codec options to choose.
- So now you can choose to encode the video file by pressing on the encode button at the bottom of the program.