In the early days, to extract MP3 audio from an AVI video file, you would have had to have been a professional with thousands of dollars worth of equipment. However nowadays anyone can perform this intricate task. In fact extracting MP3 audio, or any audio in fact, is a common task performed in every household today. Who would have thought that a simple home computer could do video editing, audio editing, special effects, and more.
I am amazed every day at what a computer has enabled us to do in our homes. It has changed the way we do things dramatically, and will continue to do so. In this tutorial I will show you how to extract MP3 audio from an AVI video file using a free program called Any Video Converter. I have also previously written a post about extracting audio from video using camtasia studio which is not a free program.
What do you need to extract MP3 audio from an AVI video file?
- You will need to download a free program called Any Video Converter. You can visit our freeware section for a link to the download page.
- You will also need a video to import into this program and extract the MP3 audio from.
How to extract MP3 audio from an AVI video file using Any Video Converter?
After downloading your free program, any video converter, open the program to start this process.
1. Press on that add video button at the top. See the screen shot below.
2. Browse for your video file on your computer.
3. Choose your video by selecting it and making it blue.
4. Press on the open button at the bottom.
5. Your video is now imported into any video converter.
6. Make sure the box is ticked next to your video.
7. Now we will choose a profile to convert to.
8. In the right corner of the program press on the small drop-down arrow to see your choices.
9. As you can see in the screen shot below, I have chosen MP3 audio. This will extract MP3 audio from my video file.
10. Now to start the conversion to MP3 simply press on the convert button.
Watch this video to see how to extract MP3 audio from an AVI video file
Notes on how to extract mp3 audio from an AVI video file using a free program:
- To extract MP3 audio from an AVI video is a simple procedure. When you have finished you can find your file that you produced by going to the menu at the top of any video converter. Press on the file menu at the top and choose open output folder.
- There are many programs to extract MP3 audio from video, however they are not all free. This program seems to work well, and it also has an option to upgrade.
I hope you have great success when you extract mp3 audio from your AVI video file using this tutorial.