I recently published an article about software that can convert LVF to AVI video but did you know that most DVR software can download and convert your video all with the press of one button?
I could not believe that I was wasting my time trying to plug a USB stick into the back of my DVR recorder, searching for the files I wanted, Downloading them to the USB, taking the USB to my laptop and then converting the footage so I could view it. Yes that is exactly what I was doing just to view the footage on a laptop and not through the DVR.
My DVR software came with the camera system I purchased. It is called DVR Client.
Convert LVF to AVI Video Through Your DVR Software
1. Login to your DVR cameras by entering your login details.
2. Most DVR software have a control button to remotely access your DVR machine. Press on the control button.
3. Go to the download tab.
4. Choose a camera channel. If you have an 8 camera system you will see 8 channels. If you have less then you will that number.
5. Choose a start time and end time. Press search.
6. You will see a list of camera footage available to download.
7. Select one by making it blue and then press on the button that says download and convert to AVI.