My friend Kris has been nagging me for ages to tell her how to re-size her pictures and photos so she can email them to everyone guilt free. Well finally I have made a video for her, however I am sure everyone will enjoy the tip also. I have previously written about a trick to resize a photo by using Outlook Express or Office Outlook, however this does not work if you do not have these programs.
How to resize photos and pictures before sending through email?
- The first step is to download the free Google program, Picasa. You can find a link in our Freeware section.
- Once you have downloaded and installed the program, Picasa will explore your computer and find all the images.
- Go to the library of images by clicking on view in the top menu and then choosing library view.
- Hold the CTRL key down on the keyboard while clicking on the pictures that you want to resize.
- When you have selected the pictures you want, simply press on the the Export Icon at the bottom.
- Choose where to save your resized pictures and what size you would like by dragging the slider back and forth.
- Then press Export.
Watch the video tutorial for more details on how to resize batch pictures before sending through emails.
Which program do you use to resize photos?