Tutorial on how to remove annoying Twitter applications:
The Twitter website has taken the world by storm, and along with it, people are developing applications that interact with this website. You can add an application to your Twitter account that can perform certain tasks for you. For example I have a Twitterfeed application enabled in my Twitter account that will update my Twitter status every time I make a blog post. There are many Twitter applications and most companies are developing them to keep up with the times.
To use these Twitter applications you need to allow them access to your Twitter account. You might want to allow Facebook or Twitter feed or some other third-party application to access your Twitter account. As you are in charge of your account you will need to allow it and give it access. Sometimes we often allow applications that turn out to be annoying and we will need to remove them.
There are thousands of Twitter applications available and it is nice to try new one and see what they can do. However I have had applications that have caused problems with my Twitter account and before it can turn into a disaster you need to revoke access for these applications.
How to remove annoying Twitter applications from your account?
1. Login to your Twitter account.
2. Go to the top right-hand corner where your username is an click on the small arrow.
3. A menu will appear. Choose settings from the menu.
4. Your Twitter account settings will appear. Click on the connections link as shown below in the screen shot.
5. Once you have pressed on the connections link, you will see all the Twitter applications that are added to your account and have access.
6. To remove an application from your Twitter account, simply click revoke access under your chosen Twitter application.
7. In the screen shot above you can see an application where I have pressed the revoke access link. Now it says undo revoke access. If I want to enable this Twitter application again I just press that button.
Watch this video to see how to remove annoying Twitter applications.
Notes on how to remove annoying Twitter applications from your account:
- Some Twitter applications post silly things to your twitter status updates. You must keep an eye on what they are doing and if you are not happy then remove them.
- Even if you think you have not allowed access to your Twitter account, you should go and check to see, as some Twitter applications are very devious in the way they get access to your account.
Please comment below if you have anything to add on how to remove annoying Twitter applications from your Twitter account.