When you start getting thousands of email contacts in Thunderbird it is important that you organise your email contacts into different address books. There is no way that you could simply store that many into one address book. Therefore I prefer to make separate address books for different sections of people. For example you could have a work contacts address book, a friends address book, and a family address book.
How to create a new address book?
- Open Thunderbird Email. Press on the address book icon at the top. See the screenshot below.
- Your address book will open.
- Go to the file menu at the top.
- Choose new from the menu, then choose Address Book. See the screenshot below.
- A small window will appear. Type the name of your new address book.
- Press ok. Your address book will be in your list. See below.
- To add a contact to your new address book, right click on it and choose new card.