Outgoing server settings for Hostgator pop3 email are a little bit different to other email server settings. To get your Hostgator email delivered correctly to your Microsoft Outlook program on your computer you will need to use the correct details. This is easy once you know where to get these details from. In this tutorial I will show you how to find these outgoing server settings for Hostgator and enter them into Outlook so you can read your Hostgator email from there.
What you will need for this tutorial:
- A Hostgator hosting account or email account.
- An email address setup through Hostgator.
- Access to your Hostgator account to retrieve the outgoing server settings.
- Microsoft Outlook on your computer. (We are using 2007)
How do you get a Hostgator email account? I actually have my websites hosted with Hostgator and I get unlimited email accounts…If I need another account I just make up a name and create it. Check out their link below:
Unlimited Domain Hosting Only $9.95 a Month
I have all my websites hosted for $9.95 a month and get unlimited email accounts.. It is so cheap to have a website and you get all the freebies that go with it.
Where can you find the outgoing server settings for Hostgator email?
The servers settings are extremely important to have as your email will not work without the correct details.
Here is a tutorial on how to find the outgoing server settings for Hostgator.
How to add the right outgoing server settings for Hostgator pop3 email in Microsoft Outlook?
1. Open Outlook.
2. Go to the Tools menu at the top and choose Account settings from the menu.
3. Press on New to create a new account or select an existing account and choose change.
4. Now a box will appear. Fill in the details.
5. Press on more settings button to add in the extra details. See the screen shot below.
6. After pressing on more settings go to the Outgoing Server tab. See below.
7. Tick the box next to My outgoing server requires authentication.
8. Then choose Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
9. Now go to the Advanced tab.
10. Put your outgoing server settings for Hostgator in there.
11. Press ok.
Notes on the Outgoing server settings for Hostgator pop3 email in Microsoft Outlook
Now you have the outgoing server settings for Hostgator pop3 email entered into your Microsoft Outlook. This program has an option to detect server settings for you, however it does not always work. This is why it is sometimes best to add the Outgoing server settings for Hostgator pop3 email yourself.