Free computer Education
This can apply to Windows XP and Windows Vista
If your network printer attached to a computer on your network
- you need to type
- then the Computer Name (the one that has the printer attached)
- then type the share name of the printer
- This is what it looks like .. serverhpprinter
If the computer name was mitz and the printer was bob I would type mitzbob
- When enabling sharing for your printer, rename it something very easy.
- Rename your computer name to something easy also. The default computer name is a mix of your name and numbers, which is very confusing to re-type when trying to network a printer.