Your computers Mac address or physical address can be used as a part of your wireless network security. If you have this security enabled, your router will only let the computers into the network with the corresponding mac address .
To find your mac address in Windows XP there are two ways
The first way to find your mac address
- Double click on the internet icon (near the time) in your system tray.
- Choose the support tab
- Then choose details.
- It will be labelled the physical address.
- It will look like this 00-D8-85-F8-D5-52 with 12 numbers.
You can also
- Open a run command box. Startmenu>run
- Type in cmd /k ipconfig /all
- Once again it will be labelled physical address