This is an old article but might be helpful to those who are using an old operating system.
- First we have to get to Printers and Faxes properties.
- Go to the start menu
- Choose Printers and Faxes from there. If it is not there, choose control panel
- Then double click on Printers and faxes
- Now you will see the printers that are installed on your computer
- Right click on the printer you want to set permissions for
- From the menu you can choose properties
- You simply go to the Security tab. You will see a list of users to set permissions for.
- If you make Everyone Blue, then below you can tick the boxes to set printer sharing permissions.
- The average user only needs to be able to print.
For an administrator, it is set by default to let them change any settings and basically be in control of the network printer. See the settings below.