In your network connection details in windows 7 you can see all of the details about your internet connection. For example you can see your internet protocol version, your local IP address, your default gateway, your mac address, and more.
These details can help you when changing your IP address to a static IP. You will need all the other details to fill in to make the connection work.
How To See Network Connection Details in Windows 7
1. Enter the network and sharing center through the control panel. Link in start menu.
2. When you are in the network and sharing center simply click on change adapter settings. Shown below.
3. You will now see your connections. Right click on the one you are using.
4. Choose status from the menu.
5. Now this dialogue box will open. Press on details.
6. Now you will see the Network Connection Details in Windows 7.
What Can You See in the Network Connection Details?
- Connection-specific DNS
- Physical Address, also Mac address
- DHCP Enabled
- IPv4 or IPv6 details
- Default gateway
- Subnet Mask