If you’re wondering what files you have allowed to be shared from your computer then Windows Seven has made it easy to see these details. Here is a quick tutorial showing what files are shared windows 7.
See What Files Are Shared In Windows Seven
1. Navigate to your user folder just as an example. You can do this by going to the start menu, then press on computer, Then c drive, the users folder, then your name. The direct path is C:\Users\Mitz for my user folder in Windows.
2. When inside this folder you need to enable the details panel view which appears on the bottom of this dialogue box when enabled.
3. To do this click on organise as shown below.
4. Choose layout from the drop down menu, then choose details pane.
5. Now you can simply click on any file and the sharing details will show up immediately in the pane below. This is an easy way to see what files are shared in windows 7.
In the screenshot above I have clicked on the pictures folder and it shows that it is shared and that it is shared with my Homegroup.
You can also see what files are being shared through your homegroup by enabling the navigation pane just as you enabled the details pane. There is a link there called Homegroup if you have joined a homegroup. See the screenshot above. If you click on that you will see what to other computers in the homegroup are sharing..
If you want to see what files you are sharing in the homegroup you can see that on the other computers.