If you have a home network, you can share files between computers on your network. To view the files that a particular computer is sharing follow these instructions below.
- Go to the start menu
- Choose My Network places, a dialog box will appear
- Under the heading of Network Tasks, choose View workgroup computers computers
- Now you will be able to see the computers on your network.
- Double click on the one you want to open. I am going to double click on Server. (That is the name of the computer)
- Now you will see what that actual computer is sharing.
- If you are on Windows Vista your network will be called MSHOME by default. WORKGROUP is for Windows XP. Here’s how to share between XP and VISTA.
- If there are no files to view then there is nothing shared on that computer.
- If access is denied to that computer, file sharing is not enabled on that computer.
Browse Sitemap for more Free Computer Help