At one point you will need to find the Router Configuration Web Page. You might need to configure your router and set-up your network security or maybe you are setting up your router for the first time. Back in the old days of Windows XP it was a little bit more difficult to find your router IP address. This tutorial is suited to Windows Seven and some versions of Windows Vista.
See the difference between a global IP and a local IP as your router will show you the local IP.
Find your Router Configuration Web Page
Your router configuration web page can also be called your router home page. You usually need to know the IP address of your router to access your Router Configuration Web Page, however in Windows Seven it is just so much easier.
1. Go to the right hand bottom corner of your desktop.
2. Click on the network connections icon in the notification area. See the screenshot below.
3. The box will appear. Click on “Open network and sharing center”
4. The network and sharing center will open..Click on See full map. See the screenshot below.
5. Now you will see the network devices and computers.
6. Double click on the router to get to your Router Configuration Web Page.
Another way to find the router configuration web page
You might not have your router connected to anything yet. Simply plug in the router to the computer. This might be through a Ethernet cable (usually blue) or even a usb cable. The computer will recognize it and now you will be able to follow the instructions above to see the router on your list.
You can also visit the router manufacturers home page to find the default IP address that your router was shipped with.
If you know your router configuration web page Ip address then simple go to any internet browser such as Firefox or Internet Explorer, and paste the IP into the address bar and hit enter. See the screenshot below.
Router Configuration Web Page Notes:
- You must have the router turned on and correctly connected to see it on the network.
- If you cannot see your Router Configuration Web Page connect the router to your computer.