This is the big question on everyone’s lips; ”Can you really make money with Google Adsense on your web site or are all those success stories just a myth?” Well some people have made huge amounts of money from placing Google’s Adsense targeted ads on their websites, so the clear answer is YES!. This biggest myth may be that making money with Google Adsense is easy.
Don’t get me wrong, because it can be easy if you are happy making any amount of money. However if you want to optimize your earnings then it can get highly technical but is extremely worth it in the end. Adsense is one of the ways that I make money online.
How to make money with Google Adsense?
There are a few ways to start to make money with Google AdSense ads. It does not cost you any money to join their program, but you must be accepted to start using Google AdSense. Therefore your first priority would be to get a Google AdSense account.
Here are a few ways to get an AdSense Account:
- Start contributing content to AdSense sharing websites such as Hubpages or Squidoo. Then you can apply for an account through that website.
- Build a website, add content to it and all of the necessary pages, and apply for an AdSense account.
If you get denied then there is no harm in improving your website a bit more and trying again. You will need to build some traffic up to make money with Google Adsense anyway.
Factors that will help make money with Google Adsense
- Interesting and original content.
- High rankings in the search engines.
- Targeted traffic to your site usually from Search Engine Optimization.
- Placing your ads in strategic positions.
- Formatting the color, size and background of your ads.
- Implementing AdSense targeting.
Interesting and original content
Obviously the more information you have the more traffic you attract. Having great content will also encourage repeat visitors. People do not want to return to a website that provided no value to them.
Original content is the main key to make money with Google AdSense as Google has almost shunned duplicate content or ill formed content.
Formatting the color, size and background of your ads
The best way is to experiment with different colors and formats until you come across a working formula. Most people say it is best to have text ads that have no background, or the same as your webpage, and no border either. This way they blend with your content, letting people sometimes presume it is part of the information you provide. Here is the official Google website that shows the different ad sizes available.
Placing ads in strategic positions
Google recommends that you place your ads above the fold. This means that when a visitor hits your page, they do not need to scroll down to see the ad as they will be showing already in the top half of the page. The best places to put your ads
Targeted traffic and high rankings
Obviously we need traffic to our website for people to visit and click on the ads. But to actually make money with Google AdSense it is far better to have targeted traffic. This means the traffic that you get to your website must be interested in what is actual website. There is no point attracting a person looking for dog training tips to a website about cat’s.
To get targeted traffic to your website involves performing search engine optimization on your website.
Implementing AdSense section targeting
Google allows you to target which content should be used to gauge which add appears on your page. For example you might want Google to take notice of your main article on your page and not the sidebars and the headers. This is easy to do with the Google AdSense section targeting code.
You simply place this code to show Google the main content on the page.
<!– google_ad_section_start –>
The content you are targeting goes here
<!– google_ad_section_end –>
If you have a website that is showing different ads that do not match your content then I definitely recommend that you use this code. It has been known to increase earnings dramatically. This tips will help you make money with Google Adsense.
If you want to make money with Google Adsense Definitely DO NOT –
- Do not break the Google Adsense Rules (Get familiar with them) If you are caught breaking the rules, Google will expel you from the Adsense program and will not allow you back in.
- Do not click on your own ads and don’t ask others to click on them either. This is an obvious one. Why would they pay anyone to click on their own website ads.. DERRR!
- Do not change the Adsense code If you want to be paid for people clicking on the Google ads, you should not alter the HTML code of the ad provided. You may interfere or even stop the tracking of clicks on your ad and therefore loose money.
- Do not have a page full of ads and no content. Visitors will leave and Google will not know what ads to place on your page. Google Adsense would have to basically guess what ads to place on your webpage.
- Do not let your ads outweigh your page content. Even though a page may have great content, if you have to search through the ads to find the content, it will not work.
- Beware of all the gimmicks out there claiming to help you make money from Google Ads. All you have to do is sign up, get the HTML for a particular ad, and place it into your web site. When people start clicking on your ads, Google will track everything for you. All you have to do is watch your dollars accumulate.
Make money with Google Adsense – Getting technical
You can be content to sit back and watch small amounts of money roll in, however if you start to get slightly technical then you can increase your earnings by 500 % in some cases. I know because I actually did this.
Watch this video to see that it is possible to make money with Google AdSense
In the end, the success of your website, and how much money you make, depends on how much targeted traffic you can attract there.
I do make money with Google Adsense and it is not a myth.