- March 9, 2014 at 2:23 am #28321
Although the Administrators and Moderators of Tips4pc Forum will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, we cannot be responsible for message content. All messages express the views of the author. The owners or the representatives of The Tips4pc Forum may remove, edit, move, or close topics they feel do not follow the rules.
This is not your average Computer forum. We are proud of the fact that despite of our growing numbers we continue to remain extremely friendly to both new members and regular visitors. When posting in the forum keep the following in mind:
1. Inappropriate content (as determined by the staff of Tips4pc Forum) will be removed without notice. Do not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, racist, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws. Please use good judgment when choosing user names, avatars, or images to post, and do not attempt to bypass the word filter. It is there for a reason.
2. Personal attacks, rudeness, flaming, baiting, insults to others, or arguments will not be tolerated. Challenge others’ points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully. Any member who threatens anyone on the forum, via PM, instant messengers, or Email, will be banned immediately without notice, and the proper authorities will be notified.
3. Do not post the same topic in more than one forum. Pick the most relevant forum for your post. If you are unsure, put it in the General Discussions forum, say you were not sure where it belonged, and someone will move it to the proper forum for you.
4. Ask your questions on the forums. The staff gets a large number of messages containing questions, and we do not have time to answer them all. Private messages should only be used for issues that cannot be discussed in the public forums.
5. No advertising or selling of any kind allowed in the forums, this is not eBay. If you are interested in advertising, contact the site owners. If someone asks to buy something and you have it for sale, send that person a personal message. You may post a link to a website or forum in your signature. However, this is not a place to advertise your business, website, forum, etc. Anything considered to be advertising or “spam” will be removed and the member suspended without notice.
6. The Tips4pc Forum is not responsible for anything you do as a result of information or advice obtained at this site. You should fully understand what a recommended change may do to your system. Do not give anyone you do not know the login information to your system, passwords, or personal account information.
7. Do not ask for, offer to supply, or post links to, copies of commercial software, MP3s, movies, CD Keys, Product Keys, Serial Numbers, etc. or other intellectual property for which you do not hold the copyright. Do not post full copies of copyrighted articles from elsewhere on the Internet, post a link to the article instead. You may discuss how to install and get any Peer to Peer Network program to work. This includes Kazaa, Bearshare, WinMX, and Limewire, just to name a few. However, any discussions on how to circumvent copy protection, obtaining any kind of illegal software, MP3’s, movies, etc., will be removed without notice.
8. Posted images should be no larger than 550×412. Images that are larger than this will be converted to a link without notice. Remote avatars should be 100×100 or smaller (actual image size, not the image dimensions displayed after being converted by the forum), and no larger than 45KB file size. Larger avatars will be removed without notice. Uploaded avatars have a limit of 100×100 and 45KB. If you want help creating an avatar or resizing images, post a question on the forum asking for help. There are several members who will be happy to assist you.
9. Register using only one user name, and do not “flood” the board with posts that are off-topic. Creating multiple user accounts or flooding the board will be considered a denial-of-service attack on the forums and will result in your being banned from the forum and reported to your ISP.
10. Any member who’s IP number found to related to spam, e-mail harvesters, malware, hack, crack or any other like sites will be removed and the IP banned. Also those same IP numbers will be added to the national data base.
11. All new members are required to post in the “Hello Forum” with in seven (7) day’s of admittance and then at least once more in any forum with in thirty (30) day’s after that. This is the only way to determine if the member is a real person and not a bot. Bots do not post but real people do
12. Signature Links: When you have 20 or more posts you can post links to other websites, however they must be relevant to the subject of the thread. If you are posting for advertising reasons you will be banned. The links posted must lead to a useful computer resource.
13. Two Links in your Signature are permitted after you have at least 20 posts on the forum. These links may point to your website as long as it is family friendly content. No links to adult content websites allowed.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.