- November 28, 2008 at 1:16 am #28348
You can log off and lock your cmputer in a flash by pressing the WINKEY and the L key together. When using this shortcut you will be logged out, back to the sign in screen. To re-enter you will need to enter your password again… This is great when you have to leave your computer in a hurry and do not want anyone touching it or seeing what you are doing… Unfortunately my teenage daughter showedme this trick.. She is always playing the SIMS instead of doing homework!!!!! In Windows Vista you can just press these keys and log out, however if it doesn't work in Windows XP you will need to enable fast user switching. How to enable Fast User Switching Windows XP
- Go to the Start Menu in the bottom left.
- Choose Control Panel from the menu.
- Double click on the User Accounts icon.
- Then choose Change the way users log on and off from the options..
- A new dialog box will appear.
- Now make sure the box is ticked next to Use Fast User Switching.
- Click Apply options at the bottom of the dialog.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.