You need to create a list of URLS you want to find the backlink details for by pasting them into a text file. For this example I am going to use the articles I had published through Myblogguest. I got the URLs from inside the membership area. This will be a quick scan as there are only about 20 URLs.
Find Anchor Text Details For Inbound Links Using Screaming Frog
1. Start the Screaming Frog SEO Spider.
2. Go to mode in the top menu as shown below.
3. Choose List from the menu.
4. Now look for the select file button, push it.
5. Press the drop down arrow labelled #1 in the screenshot below. Find the file location.
6. Click on the text file you want to analyse as shown #2.
7. Press Open.
8. You will now see the text file appear as the program reads the file.
9. Press OK to continue.
10. Now go to the configuration menu at the top of the page. Choose the custom link.
11. Setup a filter. This is something you want the program to find in the HTML source of the page. I put two versions of my URL.
12. Press on the Start Button Now.
13. Your URLs will appear. Press on the word status to sort that column. We want to see which links are still alive as missing ones don’t count.
14. Click on a URL you want to see more details for by making it blue as below.
15. Now go to the very bottom of the screen and click on OUT LINKS. See this screenshot below.
16. You will see all outbound links from that URL.
17. If you click on the heading for the “TO” column, you can then see the links in alphabetical order and find your link easily.
18. Once you find your link, scroll to the right to see the Anchor Text column.
Inbound Links to Website – Dofollow OR Nofollow?
Scroll further to the right to see the Follow column. If it says true that means the link is do follow.
What Information Can I See About Inbound Links When Using Screaming Frog?
I would have to say everything! It has a crazy amount of details and is an extremely handy tool. You can also use this to check out your competitors.