- December 27, 2008 at 12:21 am #28435
Bear sent me a link to this program called SUPER. (Simplified Universal Player Encoder & Renderer) It converts all sorts of video formats to almost anything you like. To get into to the difficult stuff you will need to do your own research, however I have done a few simple tests on this program and it kicks butt.. I like the extracting audio feature because it is so easy to use..no technical time lines and all.. You could also make your own cool ringtones...[youtube]http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=NkI2YlB1LLw&[/youtube]January 26, 2009 at 7:46 pm #30608
Okay, I'm making a confession here and laughing at myself!Re:January 27, 2009 at 5:47 am #30609
Great question!Here is a list of reason why you would want or need to convert a video to a different format or extract audio:
- You would like to put your home movie onto a DVD disc to share with family.
- You would like to put a video of your babies first steps on your Ipod to show your friends.
- You want to convert your old VHS video tapes to store as digital files for a safer method of storing precious memories.
- You want to make your own mobile phone ring tone from the audio on your home movie.
- You want to give a copy of your home movie to your mum who's computer can only play Cd's. You will have to maybe shrink and convert the video footage to make it fit on a smaller disc.
I am sure there are plenty of other reasons that can crop up but I hope this gives you an idea.January 27, 2009 at 5:56 pm #30610
Thanks so so much, Mitz, for explaining things so clearly!January 27, 2009 at 9:41 pm #30611
If you wanted to try any of the above there is a different process for each…It can be very difficult at times, however like everything, once you have done it a few times you will be right. The above program converts video and extracts audio. There are also programs to rip the movie to your computer from a dvd or VHS tape. There are also programs to shrink your footage, and the list goes on.......January 27, 2009 at 9:49 pm #30612
Oh gracious!January 28, 2009 at 12:14 am #30613
Eventually all these tutorials will be covered on this forum or the TIPS4PC website. I can't wait!!!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.