- January 12, 2013 at 12:30 pm #29530
Installed Ubuntu 12.10 alongside Windows 7 x64 using the Ubuntu wubi installer. Long series of beeps on restart and black screen. PC's loading into windows – there's the usual start up sound, HDD light flickering and router connecting etc – but monitor's not receiving signal.Not a happy bunnyMarch 15, 2013 at 4:25 pm #34107
Were you ever able to fix this problem? I wonder if it is incompatible with certain graphics cards. What kind of card does your computer have?April 4, 2013 at 10:50 pm #34108
It sounds like Ubuntu took something or damaged something while being uninstalled. You might need to restore the Windows bootloader. To run the Bootrec.exe tool, you must start Windows Recovery. To do this, follow these steps:
- Put the Windows 7 installation disc in the disc drive, and then start the computer.
- Press a key when you are prompted.
- Select a language, a time, a currency, a keyboard or an input method, and then click Next.
- Click Repair your computer.
- Click the operating system that you want to repair, and then click Next.
- In the System Recovery Options dialog box, click Command Prompt.
- Type Bootrec.exe, and then press ENTER.
See more here.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.