- June 10, 2014 at 12:46 pm #39907
What is the best Virus protection and P2P Protection software?June 12, 2014 at 9:23 pm #39908
I still think that Avast is the best virus protection around but others are chasing their tales.
Even though you have the best protection, not much can protect you from file sharing through P2P networks. this is because you are choosing to download risky files, then you are choosing to open them. The antivirus might warn you but you are the one in control in the end.
It is your responsibility to protect your computer from viruses as it is usually the user that allows them in the door.
Here are some quick tips to protect your computer when using P2P:
- Simply don’t download this stuff. There are huge risks from downloading warez.
- Be careful when opening a port for P2P network software as it is usually left open when not using. This is an exception that will pass through your router firewall.
- Don’t share all of your files. It is not only illegal to download pirated software, it is also illegal to share it.
- Scan everything you download even if you think the file is safe.
- Install the file or open the file on a computer that doesn’t hold important irreplaceable data and take precautions before installing software.
Choosing the BEST virus protection:
This step depends on what you do on your computer. If you only check emails online and never download anything then virus removal software is not a big issue for you. A free antivirus program will be fine.
Sometimes when downloading and installing software via P2P networks you will undoubtedly be hit by various rootkit viruses. When you find yourself in this position it is good to be prepared with utilities for virus removal.
However if you choose to live on the wild side then you need a good antivirus program and generally not the free version.
Mitz from Tips4pc
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.