I have had a Facebook business page for a few years now, but never really took advantage of scheduled posts. Not just that, in the early days you needed a third party program to schedule posts, but now it can all be done within Facebook.
Why Schedule a Post on Facebook?
There are many reasons to schedule posts on Facebook. For example you might schedule posts for the week in advance so you keep your Facebook followers engaged. Or maybe you have planned competitions or giveaways. I have a Christmas raffle coming up so I will definitely schedule a few posts for that.
I also schedule posts just before big events like scheduling a post to say merry Xmas and a happy new year as I will probably forget when the time comes.
How To Schedule a Facebook Post
1. When you are creating your status and you do not want to publish it straight away, press on the tiny clock below your status.
2. You will see the date and time options appear. As you can see from the screenshot below, I am in UTC+10 timezone.
3. When you have uploaded your photo or written your status update them you can press schedule.
How Do You View Your Scheduled Posts on Facebook?
So you have created a Facebook scheduled post and now you want to edit it before it gets published. No problem. You can view all of your activity from your page. Posts you have previously published and also posts that are scheduled to post. This is a handy option as you can see what you have written in previous posts and edit scheduled posts easily.
1. Login to your Facebook page. Just go up to the little settings icon at the top right and choose your page.
2. When you are on your page press on the Edit page link.
3. A menu will drop down, choose Use activity log.
This is the URL to your activity log. It changes depending on your page name.
Here is an example of a Facebook scheduled post. I can clearly see the date it is set to post. I also have a choice to edit the post with a small drop down menu at the top right of the post.
Facebook Scheduled Posts Not Working
There could be a number a reasons why your scheduled post is not working.
1. Check the date you set to publish. It might be set for next year!
2. Check the time zone that is set for your account. It should be right but you never know… I am in Australia and posting at 9am in the morning is the middle of the night in the US..
3. Check to see if it has published already?