When accepting a friend request on Facebook, not many people conduct a thorough background check. The person that is about to have access to your photos and comments could be an escaped convict, a drug addicted heathen, or worse – not a fan of the Jonas Brothers. The convict and the druggie can be overlooked but not being a JoBro backer is sometimes a deal breaker. If you’ve already hit the accept button and are experiencing buyers remorse, it may be a good idea to investigate the way to remove a friend on Facebook.
How to actually remove a friend from your contacts on Facebook?
Making friends is easier than breaking friends but sometimes it has to be done.
- The first step to remove a friend on Facebook is to log in to your account.
- Next you must locate your soon to be ex-friend. Click on their profile. This can be done by clicking on your soon to be EX-friends picture.
- Scroll down to find the “Remove From Friends” link in the left sidebar.
- A box asking you to confirm that you really wan to do this will appear. You can cancel or confirm your decision. Sorry Scott, I am just using you as an example. I don’t really want to remove you. See screenshot below.
- After removing a friend they will no longer be able to receive your status updates or access your page and vice versa.
It would seem that the crisis was averted until you see them working security at the Jonas Concert. After some awkward conversation they drop the bombshell that although they aren’t fans of the ‘band’, they do work for them and can grant backstage passes…for their friends. The moral of the story is that when you remove a friend on Facebook, do so with caution; they just might work for the Jonas Brothers.
Also proceed with caution when approving friends on Facebook, because obviously later when you remove them, you could hurt someone feelings. People take this friend situation on Facebook very seriously.