It doesn’t matter if you are using Facebook for business or pleasure, if you are looking for friends you need to get your link out there. Without becoming a stalker, the best way to help people find your Facebook profile or your Facebook fan page is to put a link to these pages in your emails. Most email programs allow you to add an email signature that will send out your links to Facebook every time you simply send an email.
The main hurdle to face when adding a Facebook link to your email is:
1..”How can I find the link? Facebook is so confusing.
2..”Is the link I am seeing when I am logged in the same as what they need to click on?”
How to find the URL for your own Facebook Profile page?
1. Log into Facebook. Click on the Profile link at the top of the page.
2. There is a URL in the top address bar. See the screenshot below where the red arrow is.
3. Select this text by clicking on it and making it blue.
4. Right click on the blue selection and choose copy.
5. Here is my URL to my profile page. This is when I am logged in http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/Tips4pc
6. After removing what is not needed the link looks like this…
7. That’s the link that I should paste into my email.
To find a link to a Facebook page:
1. Click on the home link on the right hand corner.
2. Click on Ads and Pages in the left sidebar.
3. Then choose the pages link in the left column. See the screen shot below.
4. Choose the page you want to get the link for.
5. Once you are at your page, copy the URL like in steps 2-4 above.
6. My URL that I copied was http://www.facebook.com/pages/manage/?act=51993129#!/pages/Tips4pc/167156574680
7. The last number is the page number so we can shorten this URL also to this http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tips4pc/167156574680 which looks better.
8. That is the link to put into your email.
When gathering friends for your personal profile there is a limit to 5,000 friends and this is why we have to make pages and groups. When you are in business it is not hard to rack up 5,000 friends. Imagine if you had that many friends in real life? OMG. What if you had a BBQ and had a few friends over for dinner?