Import Facebook Contact Emails Into Yahoo Mail And Gmail
Not many people know that you can import Facebook contact emails and save them to your computer. In fact people don’t even realize that when you sign up a Facebook, your e-mail is available to anyone that you become a friend to. I know myself, that I was not aware, that anonymous people that you have befriended can obtain your e-mail address. I presumed, just like anyone else would, that their only means of contact was through Facebook itself. This is not true. Hopefully this tutorial will make you think twice before pressing the ad as a friend button in Facebook. Below I will show you how easy it is to import Facebook contact emails to your computer.
This is a great thing if you have lost or your “real friends” contact emails as you can get a copy of them from Facebook. On the other hand, if you are just becoming peoples friends in order to sell something to them, then I do not agree that you should be importing their e-mail addresses.
How to import Facebook contact emails into Yahoo mail?
1. Sign in to your e-mail account at Yahoo! If you do not have an account simply sign up for one, it is free.
2. In the left column press on contacts.
3. There may also be a contacts tab at the top of the page. Click on this and it will do the same thing. Please see the screen shot below, double-click on it to make it bigger.
4. Look for the section that says import your contacts from other accounts to Yahoo!. click on the link that says import now.In the screenshot above there is an arrow pointing to this section.
5. Once you have clicked on this link, you will have a choice of accounts to import Facebook contact emails from.
6. In this tutorial we are going to import Facebook contact emails, therefore we are going to click on the Facebook icon. See the screen shot below.
7. If you are signed into Facebook you will see something that looks like the screenshot below. All you have to do is press okay to allow Yahoo to import Facebook contact e-mails.
8. If you are not signed in, you will be asked to do so, and then you will see the screen.
Watch this video below to see how I import Facebook contact emails into Yahoo mail and then import them into Gmail.
The reason I went to all this trouble to import Facebook contact e-mails into Yahoo and then in to Gmail, is because I could not simply import them into Gmail first. Yahoo mail is the only one that allowed me to do this, however as you can see there is always a way around everything. From Yahoo mail I can also import Facebook contact e-mails into Outlook express and Thunderbird e-mail.
Notes on how to import Facebook contact emails into Yahoo mail:
- Now that you can see how easy it is to import Facebook contact e-mails you might think twice about pressing the add as a friend button.
- Maybe when you do add someone as a friend, there should be a warning saying that your e-mail will be available to them.
I don’t mind that you can import Facebook contact emails into your Yahoo e-mail account, however I do mind that I was not made aware of it when signing up for an Facebook account.