Chatting on Facebook is inevitable when you have loads of friends. Each time you sign into Facebook a friend tries to chat with you.
Below is a screenshot of my Facebook account when I am signed in. At this point if anyone sees me online they could possibly start up a chat session with me.
This is fine, however the usual chat area on Facebook is very small and sometimes a bit confusing to keep up with what people are saying.
How to start chatting in a bigger chat box on Facebook.
- When you are signed into Facebook, go to the bottom, right hand corner to see this Chat bar. It shows a green light that means there are three people I know online available to chat. See the screenshot below.
- To start chatting on Facebook simply click on the chat bar. See the screenshot below and click where I have marked it with a red cross.
- As soon as you click on the chat bar a list of online contacts will appear. Click on a name to start chatting to them. This will bring up a small chat box. See the screenshot below.
- Even though you are chatting already, you can make this chat session box bigger by clicking on the chat bar again.
- The list will come up, at the top choose options. Then choose Pop out chat. See the screenshot below.
See the chat box I was originally in is now enlarged to a full screen chat box. The whole conversation is still there so we can continue chatting.