Every time you want to set up an email account in your Outlook Express you will need to know the particular settings for that email account as there are sop many companies providing emails nowadays. If you have a Godaddy email address then you will need to gather the incoming and outgoing email server settings from the Godaddy.com website.
To setup a Godaddy email account in Outlook Express you will need:
- Your username for your email account at Godaddy.
- Your password.
- The incoming mail server name.
- The outgoing mail server name.
- The port settings and details.
What are the email settings for Godaddy email account?
- Account Type: POP3.
- Incoming mail server: pop.secureserver.net
- Outgoing Mail Server: smtpout.secureserver.net (SMTP)
- Incoming mail port: 110
- Outgoing mail port: 80
How to setup a Godaddy email account in Outlook Express?
- Open Outlook Express
- Choose tools from the top menu.
- Then choose accounts..
- To make a new account press on add and then mail.
- Now the new email account wizard will start.
- Fill in your display name, email address, username and your incoming and outgoing mail servers.
- Then when the wizard is finished we need to add the port details in and change one advanced setting.
- Choose tools from the top menu. Then choose accounts..
- Go to the mail tab.
- Now make the account you just created blue.
- Then choose properties from the side menu.
- Now the Properties for your Godaddy email account will come up. See the screenshot below.
- Go to the Servers tab. Here you can check your incoming and outgoing mail servers and also tick the box that says My server requires authentication.
- Now press on the settings button that will become enabled to push when you tick the box. See below.
- Now see below. Put a check in the box that says Use the same settings as my incoming mail server. This means it will use the same user name and password for incoming and outgoing mail.
- Press ok.
- Now go to the Advanced tab.
- Change the outgoing port to 80.
- Then change the incoming port to 110.
- Now press ok.
Extra Computer Help
- If you do not have any previous email accounts setup in Outlook Express the account wizard will open when you open the program. Fill in the details when prompted. You can also go back and check all the settings using the steps above.
- You cannot make your hotmail email open in Outlook
- In Windows Vista it is pretty much the same in Windows Mail, however the incoming and outgoing ports may be in different positions so be careful where you enter then.
- When you have an email account that has taken some time to setup you should Backup your Email Account Settings and next time you need them you can simply import them back into Outlook or Windows Mail.